Thursday, 11 September 2008

sabaay nak!

I've two midterm tests next week, and plenty more to do for Go-far and Malay. So...it's time for some procrastination. Like updating my blog about the Cambodia mission trip i went for a month ago :)




Here's my favourite girl among the crowd of about 60 children we played with at the Vacation Bible School in Phnom Penh on the first day. Don't you just love her toga top and matching overalls? haha.



They seriously can run.

And so can i :)

The kids never tire of games. Tug of war, monkey, blow wind blow - you name it, they play it.

At Kampong Speu, where the children would just spontaneously gather after you lay the canvass sheet on the ground. Then back at VBS in Phnom Penh, where my inner Zoe Tay came out of hiding. Lesson learnt: don't anyhow shoot arrows, cos they bounce back at you. haha.
On the last day, we visited the markets, where the guys bought this: very gross crickets.


And they made everyone eat at least one :(
My smile belies my disugst: I was trying to figure out how i can hold the cricket and yet touch it as little as possible.

And here's the team of the wonderful people who went with me. I've never had travel partners more considerate, helpful and crazy than them. What I'd give to travel with them again!

No comments: